dr. Ashley Houle, DDS, MD
jaw surgeon in west Michigan
A Leader in Orthognathic and temporomandibular Joint surgery
Dr. Houle is a Grand Haven, Michigan native and attended the University of Michigan for her undergraduate education before moving to New York City to complete her dental training at Columbia University. She then moved to Chicago to complete medical school, general surgery training, and residency in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Illinois at Chicago. During residency, she gained extensive experience in orthognathic surgery, facial trauma, dentoalveolar surgery, dental implants, head & neck oncology, and microvascular surgery, microneurosurgery, disorders, and surgical procedures involving the temporomandibular joints, as well as computer-assisted virtual surgical treatment planning.
Dr. Houle is a compassionate provider that will apply her training and expertise to address your needs as an individual. She enjoys her role as an educator and prioritizes being up to date with the latest advances in her specialty. She is both an avid reader and contributor to numerous peer-reviewed journals and texts.
Dr. Houle is happy to be back home in West Michigan after her time growing and training in major cities. She lives with her partner and their rescue dog, Ruby.
- College: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Dental School: Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
- Medical School: The University of Illinois at Chicago
- Residency: The University of Illinois at Chicago
- American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery – Diplomate
- Michigan Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons – Treasurer
- Chalmers J. Lyons Academy of Oral Surgery
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Medical Association
- American Dental Association
- Michigan Dental Association
- Holland-Zeeland Dental Society
- Muskegon District Dental Society