dr. George Kirby, DDS, MD
board-certified Oral & maxillofacial Surgeon in western michigan
Dr. Kirby was born and raised in Olivet, Michigan, a small community just south of Lansing. He attended Olivet High School and was active in high school sports. He then went to Central Michigan University, where he was a member of the Varsity Men’s Track Team and won a MAC Championship. During that time, he received a bachelor’s degree in cardiac rehabilitation.
Dr. Kirby received his dental school training at the University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry. After graduating from dental school, he participated in a one-year Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Internship at the John D. Dingell VA Hospital in Detroit. He then went on to complete his oral and maxillofacial surgical training at St. John Providence Hospital System and received his medical degree from Wayne State University School of Medicine. He is board certified by the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
Dr. Kirby and his wife have 3 children. He enjoys spending his time with his family, playing golf, and completing small home improvement projects. Dr. Kirby is looking forward to summers on Lake Michigan and exploring western Michigan with his family.
- College: Central Michigan University
- Dental School: University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry
- Medical School: Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Residency: St. John Providence Hospital System
- Michigan Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, President
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, fellow
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons Political Action Committee
- American Dental Association
- Michigan Dental Association